Friday 17 May 2013

Doris, Rudolph and Edna

It was a wet and windy day in May
and MrsM sat down to write her list

"10 things to do this summer!"


1.
Drink a Sea Breeze cocktail
2.
Have a picnic on a boat
3.
Swim in the sea


4.
Enter a cake competition in a village fete
5.
Grill halloumi cheese
6.
Go to an outdoor theatre event


7.
Go to the zoo with Miss Maisie
8.
Use nasturtium flowers in a salad
9.
Watch cricket with MrM


10.
Work out what on earth
I am going to wear
to the GeogSoc Boat Party.


A little tiny wave
to our lovely friend Cathy of Menopausal Musing.
She is not blogging at the moment
because she is Very Busy
but I hope she will enjoy this post.

9 comments:

  1. I think she will. I hope you can tick all those things off. I'm inspired to make my own list and it may well include some of yours. The wv is very apt - 'May' and 'ahoont' which sounds nautical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waving right back at you!

    Numbers four and five are on my list too.

    I went to an outside event last weekend, and as she sang it, it poured:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5BTcYImuB4

    ReplyDelete
  3. A life jacket perhaps ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am filled by shame by the last picture. We did actually have to measure hemlines in the very prestigious girls' school in which I worked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I enjoyed it, especially the vintage cozzies, and you've reminded me to go and visit Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 17, 2013

    I do miss Cathy!

    I hope you definitely get to have Nasturtiums in your salad, they are heavenly, especially the little pointed bit at the back, where the nectar is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My list is much simpler:
    try to get through what seems to be yet another hectic, crazy, break-your-back-for-a-few-dimes summer probably wihtout enjoyinf the sea and my sweet little boat. Again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant photos! And I'm waving to Cathy... miss you loads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely photos. I <3 this blog so much....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.