Tuesday 23 October 2012

This little piggy...

went to market and bought...


bright red tomatoes
because they smelt of summer,


shiny orange satsumas
to look beautiful in a blue bowl,


yellow melon, green limes,
squeaky-fresh ginger,
watercress from Somerset
and spring onions for salad,


nut-brown russet apples,
and luscious strawberries
perfect for meringues and cream


and then she went home
and tried to work out
when she was going to
eat all this food.

She blames her greengrocer
who is VERY charming.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty much the story of my fridge - I still buy far too much food. Once a family shopper, always a family shopper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be right over. It looks mouthwateringly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely just to have a greengrocer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.