Saturday 20 October 2012

Cooking with my daughter


Chicken with Butternut Squash and Dried Cherries

I subscribed to Good Food for a long time until I realised that the magazines were arriving before the last one had been read. I concluded that I needed a break from the relentless pictures of culinary achievement and so I cancelled the subscription.

Times change and this autumn I have two subscriptions - one for me and one for MissM. We pick recipes from each magazine and cook them together - even though she is in her tiny student kitchen all those miles away. MissM learns to cook, MrsM has an excuse to chat to MissM and MrM gets to eat interesting food - it's a win/win/win situation. 

2 comments:

  1. I fear my daughter is now a better baker than I am - though I outdo her on shepherd's pie I'm told. Better to be cooking the same thing in two different kitchens I find, than trying to do two different things in the same kitchen though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.

    We packed up my mother-in-law's kitchen and send it to N, who is about 3,000 miles away from me. You've reminded me how much I miss her, but she's coming home for thanksgiving! In about a month --

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.