Thursday 30 August 2012

Excuses, Excuses

I can't write a post today
because:

1.
I am tired.
It's exhausting being
a prizewinning baker.

2.
I had to go to the pub
because the Masters students
have just finished their course.
And drink.

3.
Then I had to go out
for a Chinese meal
because MasterW is staying.
And eat.

4.
I'm going out tomorrow
for smart tea with @DrHG
and the Young Academics x 2
I will eat and drink.
I must be ready.

5.
I am missing Jenny
who is at the annual
Society of Cartographers conference.

6.
My hands are sore because
I had an unexpected visit from a
Petit Basset Griffon Vendéen puppy.
I got chewed.

7.
My shoulders are sore from
contorting into strange shapes
to disguise the fact
I spilt coffee on my white shirt.

8.
I'm cold.
In August.
What's that all about?

9.
The
ironing
pile
is
spectacular.

10.
I should be watching the
Paralympics Opening Ceremony.
One of my students is dancing.
I need to tell her
I saw her.
Help.

8 comments:

  1. I'm sure the opening ceremony is on the internet somewhere.

    You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just pretend about the dancing! Princess Bunchy does my ironing for minimum wage - first catch your princess ...

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watching other people dance does take it out of you .... you're right .
    Maybe a cup of tea and a scone might help .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woman up Mrs C, I know this is all well within your capabilities:-) and yes very cold for August but fear not, I have just bought a giant mac for dog-walking, it will now be hot and dry forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh the social whirl... Missing you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Woman up...." pffff, very funny. But true. It's a great life if you don't weaken.

    Coffee on shirt? Nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, MrsM. i haven't the words. OK. i found some: you are a delight, even when you can't write a post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Granny DotAugust 30, 2012

    Excuses ALWAYS acceptable when accompanied by china. You are rapidly becoming my favourite person!

    A spot of Sue's (The Quince Tree) stock of jam, jelly or chutney would look so pretty with your plate.

    Thinking of Sue, I shop courtesy of Tesco online...and still do a shopping list first. Worse still, I typed then copied a master list. I highlight the items to order using a gaudy highlighter and score off what I don't want using a black pen. Is it too late for therapy?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.