Wednesday 27 July 2011

In a green field, I lay down

We went to the fabulous Port Eliot festival

it is smart,
it is quirky,
it is fun

writing about it
is like trying to paint moonbeams

it was wet when we arrived
but it didn't matter

we watched the flower show
being 'curated'...

said hello to the lovely dovegreyreader
and drank a cup of tea in her tent

and fell in love, just a bit,
with Flats & Sharps.

and then it was time
to eat pizza cooked in a tent

and ponder the concept
of the Poetry Takeaway.

I must up my festival chic...

how I wish that I had made a T shirt!

and a hat,
I should have bought a hat!

and next year, I am staying in a gypsy caravan.

In the end I was exhausted
with enjoying myself
and lay down...

Roll on Port Eliot 2012!

13 comments:

  1. Look at the gypsy caravan! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've always wanted to live (OK, spend a camp-away) in a gypsy caravan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fun!!! For sure you must buy a hat next year and silk screen a tee shirt. I LOVE the pink hair and...the pram.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that you in the pink cardi? I rather like your matching hat and bag . . . but for true festival chic the skirt needs to be a deal shorter, and the boots longer . . .

    The only trouble with gipsy caravans (and I too yearn for one) is their dreadfully slow pace - you will need to start next week to get there in time for next year.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like such fun! And I love that The Poetry Takeaway was closed for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quirky indeed.
    Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to spend a day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sitting and positively BURSTING looking at these photos. The gypsy caravan, oh the gypsy caravan. I also have been back several times to click on the room where the flowers are............ Those ceiling lights/chandeliers! Are those real flowers wrapped round them? Oh, the lovely trompe l'oeil lattice work on the walls, and then the take away poetry.... what fun it all looks, Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I yearn for a yurt but I suspect that I should really be hankering for a Ger.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely review! I really like your line 'writing about it is like trying to paint moonbeams'. I have read so many wonderful things about the Port Eliot festival that I just HAVE to get there next year. Jane Gray

    ReplyDelete
  11. AnonymousJuly 27, 2011

    I've been reading Dove Grey Reader's account of her time at the festival, I'm sure I'd be exhausted if I went there. But it does look marvellous.

    Thank you for the link to Flats and Sharps, aren't they wonderful? I love a bit of banjo playing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooooooooooooooh - you lucky thing! Outdoor screen printing sounds like a marvellous idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.