Wednesday 3 November 2010

Shopping with MissM


'so...this man came in and he wanted to buy a fedora and I didn't know what a fedora was so I said "I will just check if we have any in stock" and then I went into the stock room and asked what it was. Then I came out and gave him one to try on. He asked me what I thought and I said "It matches the inside of your Barbour perfectly" and he was very pleased but then he said "You don't think it is too Town for the Country?" and I said "Oh no! It is the perfect hat for the weekend when you want to be smart in the Country." Then he said "Is it the right size? Are you sure it is not too small?" And I said "Can I suggest that you take two steps back from the mirror so that you get the full effect?" And he did and he was delighted. I think that he must have been short sighted but anyway he was so pleased that he wanted to wear it right away.'

MrsM suspects that the Inuit people would enjoy buying ice from MissM.

12 comments:

  1. I may know a farmer in need of manure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always gratifying to see someone's talents put to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my. if Miss M ever goes into politics the country won't know what's hit it xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you think Miss M will paper or paint at No. 10 when she takes up residence?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely story! MissM sounds quite delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I send her husband who always comes back with the wrong sized hat and blames me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. they would, but is that such a bad thing?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.