Monday 17 August 2009

Buongiorno!

No prizes for guessing
which airport we flew out of yesterday.
I wonder if you can see where:

two grown men nearly came to blows
in the queue for the hire-car shuttle bus
(not MrM, I hasten to add)

the road where every petrol station was closed
(MrsM was proved right about
the motorway service station
being the last chance...)


the Scottish restaurant
that MasterM wanted to visit
because he had eaten too much pizza
(imagine!)

the tiny gap between buildings
where MissM saw a glimpse
of the chief tourist attraction
(we couldn't stop because
we didn't want to miss the flight)


the queue up the escalator to passport control
(or the queues for check-in, security, boarding...)

No?
Never mind...
they weren't the most important parts of the holiday...
and we are back safely.

Thank you for all your lovely holiday wishes
If only I didn't have to go to work this morning
I could tell you all about it.
Back tomorrow.

Ciao!

12 comments:

  1. Ben tornata Alice.

    Did you have a good time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buongiorno Alice!
    Hope you had a lovely time in Tuscany... I wish we were going back this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea which airport it was...but welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear more! K x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flah-rence? Just spotted something that looked duomo-ish.

    Please tell Master M that we understand about the pizza overload. Big Lad gets what he calls "cheese sickness" - not an actual illness, just a desire never to ingest another glob of melty goo as long as he lives.

    Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that Pisa? I've been straining my eyes for the leaning tower and I seem to remember it's rather smallish and unassuming -I too have caught a brief glimpse between buildings on the way to the airport once.

    I look forward to your tales of lush vegetable gardens, beautiful vineyards and delicious things to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pisa? I flew into Pisa - luckily, I did manage to visit the tower, briefly... It is the maddest thing!

    Looking forward to seeing some more of Tuscany.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arse, blogger just deleted my comment!

    However, I'm glad you got to see Pisa, even if it was only briefly. We went on a holiday to Italy last easter, and were one of those very rare couples who flew into Pisa and then didn't go on to anywhere else! (but frankly, with the way the weather was and the fact that [with the exception of the morning we spent up at the Duomo and Tower] the city was surprisingly quiet and UNtouristy, why would you want to go elsewhere?)

    Glad you had fun, and looking forward to hearing all about it
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm clueless as well, and looking forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo - you flew into Pisa! We were there a year ago for a wedding in Cinque Terre. Heaven. Ooh, I love Italy. Hope you had a wonderful time! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, time flies. And you're back. I see you had your fair shar eof "Italianness".
    Paoal

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.