Wednesday 29 July 2009

War Talk

Il Gattopardo

MrM
I can't understand why
you don't want to watch Il Gattopardo again.
It is a cinema classic
with Burt Lancaster at the height of his career.

MrsM
I haven't got three hours to spare.

MrM
But you should make the time...
it is an outstanding record
of the Risorgimento period of Italian history.

MrsM
No.

MrM
Well, I can see it would be more meaningful for me
as I have a detailed understanding of
Italian language, culture and history...

whereas your knowledge is limited...

to Italian ice-cream flavours.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you didn't rise to the bait, Mrs. M! That's three hours of your life you'll never get back again... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am surprised that MrsM should feel this about a film after she inflicted 'Australia' on us.

    Il Gattopardo v Australia - no contest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear. MrM, I do see your point!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.